6 Ways to Make Plain Concrete Look Better
Concrete is a popular choice for building materials because it is durable and inexpensive. It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing material, but there are many ways to make plain concrete look amazing. Concrete design can look really nice when used for landscaping in San Diego and one way you can do this is by adding accents to your projects. Alternatively, you could also apply a decorative overlay that will give your property a lovely and timeless look! Read on to learn more.
How can I make plain concrete look better?Another way to make your concrete surfaces stand out is by adding pavers. Pavers can be used in a variety of ways, such as around the base of trees or as an outdoor patio flooring material. With this idea you might want to consider using brick pavers for a more rustic look and stone pavers if you are going with a more contemporary design. You can also use imprinted concrete surfaces that come in many different styles and colors. Depending on what kind of surface you would like to create, there are various methods that will allow you take it from plain grey slabs into something visually intriguing without the need for a complete replacement. Here are some options you can choose:
- Paint it – Mineral paints will last up to ten years without chipping, cracking, fading or peeling off from climate exposure. They come in hundreds of colors so you can always find one that matches your home or natural environment.
- Polish it – A clear sealant will make the concrete look better, but also improve its resistance to stains. It’s usually applied to new and old surfaces alike, with a thickness of about two millimeters (.07 inches).
- Add stone chips – They add texture along with color variation and they’re more affordable than polished stone because there’s no polishing needed. Plus they’ll prevent tripping hazards by filling any gaps between stones so people don’t get their socks caught on rough edges while walking across them.
- Stone or brick accents are one way to make your plain concrete stand out.
- Use it differently – Pavers can be used in a variety of different ways, like around the base of trees or as an outdoor patio flooring material. Be creative and design and style your own patios.
- Choose color and style – Imprinted surfaces come in many different styles and colors! Depending on what kind of surface you would like to create, there are various methods to give it a visually intriguing look.