Outdoor Kitchens & the Real Estate Market
Are you thinking about building an outdoor kitchen? If so, you probably have many doubts: Is it still a popular backyard addition, and will it increase my property’s curb appeal? How long will it last? Who constructs high-quality outdoor kitchens near me in San Diego, CA? We’ve discussed these questions with top landscaping experts to help you make your final decision. Read the article below to learn what they say!
Are outdoor kitchens still popular?Outdoor kitchens have become the most sought-for household extensions recently. This is because they provide everything homeowners need. They can be an oasis of peaceful family life, far away from the hustle and bustle of the city. They can allow you to cook outside and enjoy the meal preparation process even more. Finally, they can become a perfect socializing and entertaining area if you want to throw a party for your family and friends.
Does an outdoor kitchen add value?According to the National Association of Realtors, an outdoor kitchen adds approximately 71% of the investment to home value. This is because it can improve your backyard’s appeal and functionality, making your property more attractive to potential buyers who pay attention to every single detail before making a choice. A versatile and stylish outdoor kitchen can catch their eyes as it can offer more room for hosting their guests and outdoor entertainment. However, you should be aware that the value an outdoor kitchen can add to your property depends on many factors. These include the material quality, the kitchen layout and size, appliances included, and heating and lighting options. For these very reasons, landscaping professionals’ help is essential. They’ll create an outdoor kitchen that can spotlight your property.
Do outdoor kitchens last?The lifespan of your outdoor kitchen depends on the installation process, the materials used, the maintenance dedicated to it, and weather conditions.
- Proper and careful planning is required before building your outdoor kitchen. So if you’re not an expert in the field, it’s advisable to seek professional assistance to obtain the best possible design and install all the parts correctly.
- You’ll need to select the materials carefully to ensure you have a durable outdoor kitchen. Due to their sturdiness, natural stone, concrete, and stainless steel are among the most popular options. They are moisture-resistant and not susceptible to wear and tear.
- Exposure to elements can accelerate deterioration. That’s why it’s recommended to place your outdoor kitchen under cover.
- Proper maintenance prolongs your backyard haven’s lifespan. You should clean the grill and other features after every use, wipe all countertops and other surfaces, and inspect all the equipment to ensure it functions correctly.
- Finally, it’s crucial to check electrical components and gas lines to make sure there are no leaks or other malfunctions. This precautionary measure will enable you to address any issues on time before they can cause harm.