DIY Paver Installation: Yes or No?
Installing pavers in your yard may seem like an easy task if you have some experience with landscaping. However, you may be surprised to discover all the ways in which a paver installation can go wrong if you’re not careful. If you can’t decide whether to install your pavers yourself or not, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll explain why having experienced professionals install your pavers in San Diego is the best way to ensure a successful installation and prevent your pavers from moving. Read on!
Can I lay pavers myself?Thinking about having pavers installed in your backyard but aren’t sure whether to do it yourself or hire professional help? Here’s what you should consider before making the decision:
- Paver installation requires substantial effort, time, expertise and patience. Professional landscapers know all the ins and outs of paver installation. They’ll be able to install your pavers much more efficiently and effectively than you thanks to their vast experience.
- Investing in professional installation can save you money in the long run. While you may be inclined to think that installing your pavers yourself is a smart decision financially, keep in mind that a poor paver installation can result in expensive repairs later on.
- A botched installation can cause your pavers to crack or shift. If you don’t use a proper base material or leave space between your pavers, it’s likely that you’ll have to deal with cracks and sinking pavers at some point in time.
- You may fail to use the proper materials and tools. Expert paver installers use professional-grade equipment and excel at a variety of installation techniques. Count on them to secure your pavers with proper edging and make sure they are perfectly level.
- You may encounter drainage issues if you install your pavers yourself. Water pooling and other drainage problems are some of the most common troubles that homeowners encounter with their pavers. Hiring professionals is a great way to avoid such issues.