What You Need to Know About Water Fountains
One of the most recent and popular trends in design is turning outdoor spaces into peaceful oases. A simple way to achieve this is to create a water fountain in your backyard since this element brings an atmosphere of tranquility and serenity. A beautifully designed water fountain is a truly mesmerizing feature to have in your outdoor sanctuary. However, you should gather as much information as possible on this simple improvement before starting to browse through the most appealing water fountains in San Diego. Considering some of the most important factors, such as the estimated cost of a water fountain or essential cleaning tips for water fountains, will help you decide whether this home addition is what suits your style, habits, and preferences.
How does a water fountain work?Water fountains are eye-catching, soothing elements that can turn any backyard into a Zen-inspired haven. If you’re considering introducing one to your home, you should learn more about how this system actually works. Not only will this help you understand the basic mechanism of water fountains, but it will also enable you to prepare for this upcoming design project. In general, water fountains have a few essential components:
- Pump: This component is in charge of moving water and forcing it out.
- Reservoir: This part of a water fountain stores water used for the fountain.
- Head: The head of a fountain sprays water through a nozzle or lets it flow down the fountain. The water is then drained into the reservoir.
- Additional components: Aside from having these main components, a fountain can have additional elements such as another pump, parts for different water effects, etc.
Where should a water fountain be?When adding a water feature to your backyard, you need to carefully consider its placement. According to Feng Shui principles, the location of a water fountain can truly make a difference in terms of the overall atmosphere. If you position it properly, you’ll be able to create an atmosphere of reflection, vitality, and depth. However, even if you don’t generally abide by Feng Shui when decorating your home, you should still consider some of the following factors when choosing the location for your water fountain:
- Focal point. If you want your new water fountain to be the focal point of your entire backyard, you need to place it in an area where it will truly shine. Other design elements should complement your water fountain without putting it in the shade.
- Water supply. Discuss with your landscaping experts what the best location for your fountain is in terms of water supply.
- Surrounding noise. If you’re planning to enjoy the soothing sound of water by your fountain, you need to place it in a spot where there will be no noise from the street.
- Fountain size. If you want a small, subtle water fountain, placing it in the middle of your backyard may create a slightly unusual look. Mind the scale when choosing the location for your lovely water fountain.
- Overall backyard design. Try to imagine what a fountain would look like in a particular area of your backyard. Find a spot where it would feel like a natural addition that works well with the surrounding landscape elements.
- Additional factors to consider. You should also consider possible risk factors, such as electricity proximity, child and pet safety, debris accumulation from the nearby plants, etc.